[Update] Python Frame Append Depreciation

thanks @dexter

here is another thing I will need your help with.

I am using python3.10 and also perhaps will convert to pandas 2.0 at some point sooner

there are so many future warnings with pandas library for example when using equity_history.

site-packages/nsepython/rahu.py:544: FutureWarning: The frame.append method is deprecated and will be removed from pandas in a future version. Use pandas.concat instead.

It looks like with the new pandas 2.0 already shipped, folks will eventually shift to it and I think it is important to make nsepython both python 3.x ready and also pandas 2.0 comfortable.

can you please take this as something as important? let me know how can I help. I think the best is to figure out what are all the things necessary to do the above and I can help chiming in some part of the divided work.

thanks.

1 Like

Well, let’s just say I’m the definition of a selfish programmer. I created this library for my own use and so when it disappears, I will fix it in that same hour and immediately. Don’t worry :slight_smile:

Can do in next 10 mins but what’s the rush.

Haha. Sure, I know you do care! :slight_smile:
Let me know how can I help. I can possibly help with some code changes but testing all aspects of the code is that I am unaware of and I do not know of backward compatibility issues that it may cause in the process as I am unaware of its organic history, hence shared.

I have fixed the 5 codes where the frame.append() was used with pd.concat() in this new update.Cheers! :slight_smile:

Please let me know if I have broken some other stuff that was working while fixing this lol.

great and thank you @dexter appreciate it … I will update the new codebase (sorry did not check this thread update earlier)

1 Like