WD Gann Strategies

Now the most confusion begins. On a first view now I think this guy have copied strategies from multiple places where there was discussion in astronomical economics and then converted that shit to his name.
The other thing is - his dumb followers. Like have a look at this video Traders Carnival: Sharad Jhunjhunwala Explains How To Use Gann Indicators (Part 1) - YouTube… Amazing orator and delivery of speech but the moment he told Gann predicted the end of world war I it became like a joke.
Gann mostly does not talk in straight point. It is like - i think banks may fall. now if it falls 1000 pt in tomorrow. the next day, the next month, the credit will become his… nonsense.

1 Like

Here are some of the key trading concepts associated with Gann, along with references to his major works where these ideas can be explored further:

Trading Strategy Reference
Gann Angles “Truth of the Stock Tape” (1923), “45 Years in Wall Street” (1949)
Gann Fan “Truth of the Stock Tape” (1923), “45 Years in Wall Street” (1949)
Gann Square “Truth of the Stock Tape” (1923), “45 Years in Wall Street” (1949)
Gann Grid “Truth of the Stock Tape” (1923), “45 Years in Wall Street” (1949)
Gann Swing “The Tunnel Thru the Air” (1927), “45 Years in Wall Street” (1949)
Gann Timing “How to Make Profits in Commodities” (1941), “45 Years in Wall Street” (1949)
Gann’s Law of Vibration “The Tunnel Thru the Air” (1927), “45 Years in Wall Street” (1949)

These references are some of Gann’s major works where he discussed his trading concepts and techniques.

Among the trading strategies associated with W.D. Gann, the concept of “Gann’s Law of Vibration” incorporates astronomical concepts to a significant extent. Gann believed that price movements in financial markets are influenced by natural laws and cycles, including celestial movements and vibrations.

The Law of Vibration is entire copied from https://cdn.unofficed.com/pdf/Fakir_Chandra_Dutt_Market_Forecasting_(1949).pdf

In the last 7 days, I managed to track down the ancestors and turns out the publisher was great grandfather of a school senior. My friend happy gave me all the rights of this book.

Now I own the copyright. I will make glorify these methods

Gann’s Law of Vibration

In his book “The Tunnel Thru the Air” (1927), Gann introduced the concept of “Gann’s Law of Vibration.” He suggested that the principles governing the movement of celestial bodies can be applied to the analysis of financial markets. According to Gann, the movements of stocks and commodities follow specific cycles and vibrations, similar to the patterns observed in planetary and astronomical movements.

Gann’s Law of Vibration proposes that by studying the cyclical nature of markets and aligning them with celestial cycles, traders can anticipate future price movements and make profitable trading decisions. Gann used various astronomical concepts, such as planetary positions, astrological phenomena, and time cycles, to develop his trading strategies based on this principle.

Hi Amit, You wrote about Gann Box, Gann Square, Gann Fan yesterday?

Ok, Pardon the other responses above which are generic text for developing the course.

Gann Angles is a basic concept. It is used everywhere.

Gann Box, Gann Square, and Gann Fan are easily codable; so they are available in all broker’s indicators. When a Gann Square is locked to 1:1 ratio i.e. a square i.e the angles between diagonal is 45 degree it is called Gann Square Fixed.

So You will see these four indicators in most places -

1. Gann Box
2. Gann Square
3. Gann Square Fixed
4. Gann Fan.

BINANCE:ETHUSDT Chart Image by Amit_Ghosh — TradingView

gann square of 9 has nothing to do with gann square?

Like there are 4 indicators in the Gann Strategies there are three types of visualization methods which can be formalized from his methods.

Gann Layouts

• Gann Circle Layouts
    • Circle of 12
    • Circle of 24
    • Circle of 36
  • Gann Square Layouts
    • Square of 4
    • Square of 9
    • Permanent Square
  • Gann Polygon Layouts
    • Tetragon
    • Pentagon
    • Hexagon
    • Septagon
    • Octagon

The magical part is - You can just plot with Dates only. No price is needed. It is far broad than candlestick chart. Astronomy relies on the fact of repetition and for those calculations you need only Date. So these can not be plotted properly in a generic platform. Thats why Gannzilla software are used.

Anyways, You can use these types of data as input -

• Date
  • Time
  • Price
  • Price and Time
  • Price and Date.

Now, Gann himself have not told these much methods precisely but anything that is related with astronomical economics now a days used his name.

So Gann Strategies are strategies derived from astronomical economics. Not from Gann himself !

This Gann Layout thing is a base for his “Law of Vibration” Analysis method.

Like you use Candlestick chart for Price action analysis.

Bro, insted of copy-pastin those long random texs, you cud’ve just writtn this from the strt. The frst time around, it seems like everythin is crstal clear.

1 Like

you didnot write about sq of 144?

Yes, that is different. He sold 5000$ course during the time of great depression with this system only.

Gann divided Price and Time into different periods, such as 360, 90, or 144, and created clear geometrical figures. He named them “Master Price & Time Calculator”. These figures were then applied to significant highs and lows on various charts to measure market strength, weakness, and the relationship between price movement and time.

Gann Price/Time Calculator has three types of settings based on the timeframe -

• Gann Square of 360
  • Gann Square of 90
  • Gann Square of 144

It is very important to understand his nomenclatures.

In case you wonder how Gann Square of 144 differs from Gann Square of 9?

144 comes from nothing. It will take 72 candles on the left side of the current price and 72 candles on the right side. That’s it.

While he gave different explanation on choice of 9.

• 9 has inherent symmetry, enabling balance between price and time according to Gann.
  • 9 is the largest and final single-digit number.
  • Adding any number to 9 yields a natural number.
  • Examples: 9 + 3 = 12, 1 + 2 = 3; 9 + 9 = 18, 1 + 8 = 9, and so on.
  • Multiplying any number by 9 results in a natural number.
  • Examples: 9 * 6 = 54, 5 + 4 = 9; 9 * 3 = 27, 2 + 7 = 9, and so on.

Now if you use 9 in this Price/Time Calculator, it will end up in nothing with 9 candles! Right?

Gann Square of 9 is unique of its own. Its also called Gann Wheel.

And Last is

Price + Astronomical economics i.e. Astro Cycles . Explained here

2 Likes

it is same swing chart ?

Gann himself does not wrote it or told any details. Like washingtonmonument is not made by Geroge Washington

Gann Swings

As You can see, People are developing Strategies and Indicators based on him. In later days, there are two more popular strategies

Gann Swing Oscillator Strategy

The Gann Swing Oscillator has been adapted from Robert Krausz’s book, “A W.D. Gann Treasure Discovered”. The Gann Swing Oscillator helps define market swings.

Hilo Indicator and Strategy

So here it is the Gann HiLo Activator as originally developed by Robert Krausz, in a 1998 article in the Stocks & Commodities magazine.

1 Like

You have a point about that youtube video! Even a non-functioning clock on the wall is right 2 times a day!

1 Like

which video you are referring?

this one that you referred in first post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vkZryakbNk

Quite true. Probablity has turned into shit show.The Gann course sold and the gann book sold in 5x speed than my all courses combined in the last two weeks man.

No wonder gambling sites get 2cr userbase in 6 months where upstox struggles for 7 years to get there

lol! how did you come across this book? is it the copy or copied? but the author name is interesting too :smiley:

I wrote the very code of it.
First chapter and last two chapters were written 3 years ago for another startup.

Gann + Godzilla …

Artemis’s Artem

KGF2 Kalashnikov Kalsashnikov.

I am pretty famous trader/coder/community leader in various names. Amit Ghosh won’t sell.