About the NSE Python API category

logo

NSEPython is a Python library designed for developers and traders who want to programmatically access real-time and historical data from the National Stock Exchange of India NSE and NIFTY Indices site by communicating with their REST APIs.

logo

It allows users to fetch live market data, historical data, and various other data points related to stocks, futures, options, indices, and other financial instruments traded on the NSE. The library is easy to use and comes with a simple API that allows users to fetch data using Python programming language.

I am new to this community. I am new to python but have successfully wrote 2 programs using nsetools. I have found this nsepython documentation very unsystematic and confusing.

First of all I wanted to know the difference between nsetools and nse python. I couldn’t find anywhere.

Secondly I want to know what all package functions are in NSE python.

I am interested in downloading real time 1m OHLC, Volume, pChange, Change data for about 600 scrips and analyse the same with pandas for intraday trading.

Kindly respond.

I think You are referring to old documentation links.

NSEPython = NSEPy+ NSETools + Lots of extra functions

Check out → NSE Python - Unofficed

The beta versions of functions will be found in the forum. However, it is recommended to keep an eye on the site link for the latest updates.

NSE does not give real time data in option change (5-10 mins delay) as well as does not update LTP instant (1-5m delay). Every other broker gives it for free using API. Sign up with one of them from here and ping our team, They will code it free for you.

1 Like